- Frequently wash your hands, especially after toileting, changing diapers, and before eating or preparing food.
- Wash fruits and vegetables and steam oysters before eating them.
- Disinfect contaminated surfaces immediately after an episode of diarrhea or vomiting by using a bleach-based cleaner. If you are using a household bleach preparation, mix one part bleach to nine parts water is recommended. (1:10 dilution)
- Immediately remove and wash clothing or linens that may be contaminated with feces or vomiting.
- Flush or discard any vomitus and or stool in the toilet and clean the surrounding area.
- Persons who are infected with norovirus should not be involved with food preparation while they have symptoms and for three days after they recover from their illness. IDPH
- Students across the grade levels are having symptoms of the norovirus.